LEGAL, TRAVEL, HOBBY, AFS, EXPERIENCES, FAMILY, EXTRA

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hermosa Preciosa Zamboanga


The first time I stepped my footprints in Zamboanga City - the only Latin City of Asia - was in 1988 when my brother was wedded to a local girl of Riondo.  I was just 10 years old at that time.  

It was in Zamboanga when I experienced first the thrill of riding a moving stairs or escalator.  It was also in Zamboanga when I met friends whose houses were relatively built in a boat.  It was too in Zamboanga when I saw how Christians and Muslims lived in harmony because we were able to dine with our famous pork lechon in the midst of a Muslim community.

After almost 15 years, I was able to visit Asia's Latin City again.  What greeted every visitor was a beautiful melody of city's hymn.  Though, it was sung in an entirely broken spanish dialect or Chabacano, one would never feel bored but fully entertained.

Here is the lyrics of Zamboanga City hymn.

Zamboanga hermosa, preciosa perlita
Orgullo de Mindanao
Tus bellas dalagas son las que hermosean
Tu deliciosa ciudad.
Flores y amores que adornan tu jardin
Eres la imagen del bello eden
Zamboanga hermosa, preciosa perlita
Orgullo de Mindanao.
Zamboanga Hermosa was written by Vicente Orendain during the early part of the 20th century

Links to Chabacano and Zamboanga Song Lyrics

1 comment:

Lou OpeƱa said...

This is weird. I had a post about Zamboanga just last Thursday.

http://louopena.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-i-came-to-love-zamboanga.html

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *